The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in association with the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation his now inviting summer interns to contribute to the development of rural India. The Government’s most revolutionary program, Swachh Bharat offers a new opportunity for the individuals who are ready to contribute their share and work towards providing the basic needs like sanitation and education through construction of toilets, awareness campaigns for people in rural areas. It requires participating students to give at least 100 hours to rural sanitation between 1st May and 31st July 2018.
Participants are free to choose creative ways depending upon their interest with the approval of the nodal officer (assigned by the institution who mentor the students throughout their internship). However, participants can engage in either of these 2 categories of work:
- Solid Waste Management
- Support in Toilet Construction
- Students from recognised Colleges/Universities can apply through the enrolment form.
- Students can participate individually or in teams which can include maximum 10 members.
- Candidates should be capable of choosing an effective strategy to work and conduct activities.
- Candidates should dedicate effective 100 hours towards Swachhata activities (up to 31st July) to claim Internship Certificate.
- Candidates are eligible to choose between the State of Residence and State of Parent Institution as the location of internship (village/district).
- All participants are awarded with a Swachh Bharat Internship Certificate.
- 2 curriculum credits will be awarded to interns whose internship reports are found eligible to get credits by the parent institution.
- The best 3 interns/teams at the College, University, State and National levels are awarded –
- College level – Shields/Cups and special certificates.
- University level – Rs. 30,000, Rs. 20,000, Rs. 10,000 along with appropriate certificates.
- State level – Rs. 50,000, Rs. 30,000, Rs. 20,000 along with appropriate certificates.
- National level – Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 50,000 along with appropriate certificates.
- The candidates have to enroll themselves through the Website.
- Candidates will be accepted as valid only when approved by the Nodal Officer at the Parent Institution.
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) candidates can apply by enrolling themselves in the column provided to them.
- The candidates need to submit internship report online within 15 days of completion of fieldwork in the Prescribed format.
- The report needs to get approved by Nodal officer (Parent Institution).
The last date to apply is 15th May 2018.