Vigyan Prasar invites application to participate in 8th National Science Film Festival and Competition (NSFF). The participant can submit his/her film from different categories like science, technology, environment and health. The objective of the festival is to encourage science filmmaking to promote scientific atmosphere through popular science film. Furthermore, participants can submit their films of different duration. The duration is based on the category of filmmakers like govt. and non-govt. institutions or college students. Hence, the participants should give their best to be shortlisted.
Vigyan Prasar established in 1989 is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Science & Tech, Govt. of India. Vigyan Prasar organises this festival every year to strengthen scientific temper.
Event date: 20th to 24th February 2018.
- The committee will consider films produced only between 16th Dec 2015 and 30th Nov 2017.
- The organisation will not accept films submitted in earlier NSFFs.
- Participants are required to submit separate entry forms for maximum 2 entries.
- Films produced in a language other than English are not acceptable without subtitle.
- The caption of your film should be clear and readable.
- The film must not violate copyright and intellectual property law.
- Duration of film is based on specific Categories
NO ENTRY FEE!
- 2 representatives of shortlisted film and 1 of non-shortlisted can attend the festival. They will get AC 3rd return train fare, lodging and food.
- The representative of shortlisted film of international category can attend and avail the benefit of lodging and food.
- The shortlisted participant will get prize amount up to Rs. 100,000 based on different categories. See Award category
HOW TO APPLY:
1. To fill online form click Here
2. Take a print out of the filled form.
3. Send completely filled form with following enclosures to Vigyan Prasar, Noida (by post/courier/by hand)
- Pen drive containing: copy of the film in mp4 format, synopsis of the film in 200-250 words (MS word doc), 5 still photographs of the film & 1 photograph of the director (jpeg).
- Hard copy of the synopsis in English.
- Certificate from the Principal/HOD (for category C&D)
4. Shortlisted film for screening in the festival will be announced in December 2017.
Deadline to submit your entry is 30th November 2017.