The Columbia Journalism School was founded in 1912. It offers degrees like Masters of Science, Master of Science in data journalism and joint Master of Science in Computer Science & Journalism. It has been successful in preparing journalists with academic rigor and professional practice. Nikkei Inc. is a renowned media brand in Asia. It provides quality journalism and business news & information.
The Columbia Journalism School in collaboration with Nikkei Inc. offers $100,000 scholarships for a student of Asia who aspires to specialize in Data and Business Journalism. The student will get the scholarship annually for the next 5 years. Furthermore, it also offers a Master of Arts degree with a concentration in business and economics journalism.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Official transcript(s).
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- Writing test (to be taken after application submissions).
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- General essays on personal and professional interests.
- Essay on your interest in data journalism degree.
- Journalistic or written work samples.
- No GRE except in case of a dual degree program.
- Read Facts
- Receive hands-on training to report data-driven stories in the public interest. It does not require prior experience with data or coding.
- Students qualifying for the scholarship and who apply for financial aid will be automatically considered for this and other scholarship opportunities without separate applications.
- An annual scholarship of $100,000 for 5 years.
- Read the Details thoroughly.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Register first.
- Fill the application detail.
- Attach required submission material.
- Pay $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Save the username and password for future access to your application.
- For more details go to the Webpage
The last date to apply is 15th December 2017.