Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL) on behalf of Department of Biotechnology is presenting Bioinformatics National Certification (BINC). The program, BINC 2018 aims at certification of bioinformatics professionals. The certification help employers in recruiting the potential candidates with notable skills in Bioinformatics. This also enhances the employment opportunities for the candidates.
The syllabus includes Bioinformatics, Biology, Physical & Chemical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics and Computer Science & Information Technology.
- Candidates willing to apply need to be bonafide Indian citizens residing in India.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary, Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering and Technology are eligible.
- Candidates in final year of Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree can also apply.
- The certification is an add-on to the profile of the candidate.
- Successful candidates are eligible for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for pursuing Ph.D. in Indian Institutes/Universities.
- No formal training, diploma or certificate in bioinformatics is required to apply.
- Successful candidates will receive Award letter/certificate.
- A cash prize of ₹ 10,000 each will be awarded to the top ten successful candidates.
- Candidates need to register online on the Website and fill the application.
- The detailed syllabus is also mentioned on the website.
- There will be Part 1 (Paper 1) objective type exam of 2 hours. Candidates scoring a minimum of 40% in Part 1 will appear for Part 2 short answer type questions of 3 hours and Paper 3 practical exam of 2 hours.
- Pay fees online – ₹ 600 for General candidates, ₹ 400 for Women/OBC candidates, ₹ 200 for SC/ST candidates. Fee exception can be availed by differently abled candidates.
- A candidate can choose any 3 centers of his/her choice and details of centers are made available on the official website.
The last date for online registration is 31st May 2018, 5 pm.
Display of the list of eligible candidates on the website will be on 8th June 2018.