The Science Research Contest 2017 aims at bringing young researchers from the states of Maharashtra & Goa, Gujarat & Karnataka to exhibit their research projects, ideas and to promote interest among them.
A research project from any subject related to the field of science and technology can be taken up as a group activity with more than 1 participant but not exceeding 3. The same participant can be associated with more than 1 project. See the list of earlier Winning projects. Bear in mind the objective of your project, clarity about the concept, innovative ideas involved, methodology, quality and interpretation of results, applicability or usability of the project, presentation etc.
- The contestant should be a college student (S.S.C. passed), pursuing an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- In case of integrated PG course, students who are studying in first 3 years can only participate in this contest.
- The contestant must be from any college in Vadodara district (Gujarat), Belagavi/Nippani districts (Karnataka) and in the states of Maharashtra & Goa.
- A contestant should not hold any degree till 31/12/2017.
- Age of contestant should not exceed 25 years on 31/12/2017.
- 3 awards each of Rs. 12,000 are awarded. They are Parashuram Bajee Agashe Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar, Leela Parashuram Agashe Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar and Sharad Naik Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar.
- If the winning project has been executed under the direction of an expert, the latter will be congratulated with a special honour of Rs. 2000.
- Marathi Vidnyan Parishad shall bear travel expenses of the outstation students for the final presentation.
- No entry fee! Fill the Application form online.
- Language of your project can be in Marathi/English/Hindi. While filling the application form, upload a PDF copy of research work of your project report. Fulfill the onscreen instructions while filling the online form.
- The total number of pages in the report must be restricted to 3 with a file size of less than 3 MB. For the format of your project, read More
- The final presentation is going to held in Mumbai at the end of January 2018. The maximum duration given for each presentation is 15 minutes followed by queries from examiners.
- Awards will be distributed on annual day festival of Marathi Vidnyan Parishad held in the last week of April 2018.
- For queries while filling the application form, send an email to [email protected]
- Visit Marathi Vidnyan Parishad
The last date for submission of projects is 20th December 2017.