The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India announces its Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for college & university. The Scholarship scheme is a part of 11th five-year plan and is awarded to meritorious students who passed class 12. The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial support to the students having family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum to pursue higher studies.
On total, 82,000 Scholarships are offered annually to students in the age group 18-25 years under the scheme. The scholarship is being disbursed directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries. The class 12 pass out students of academic year 2015 onwards can apply to the scholarship online.
- The student must have a pass certificate of 12th class.
- The scholarship is given on the basis of marks scored in class 12 and no separate exam is conducted.
- Students above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular board in class 12 are eligible.
- Compulsory possession of Aadhaar card.
- For renewal of scholarship, students are requested to furnish marksheet with about 60% marks, 75% attendance and a proof of non involvement in any ragging activities.
- The candidate receives the scholarship at a rate of Rs.10,000 per annum for the first three years and Rs.20,000 per annum for fourth and fifth year.
- Candidates applying for the first time need to visit the National e-scholarship website.
- The envelope containing application form and other documents should bear CSSS-2018 online registration number on the top.
- Documents to be enclosed :
As a proof of joining a undergraduate course, a signed&stamped report issued by the head of the institution.
Original copy of parents income affidavit