About the program:
Ashoka’s Youth Venture programme is an international community of young changemakers, with over 6,000 Venture teams in 23 countries across the globe. The programme identifies young people who are leading social impact initiatives and provides them workshop training, mentorship, networking opportunities and fundraising support.
Youth Venture was developed from understanding a key insight of Ashoka Fellows in the field of youth development: one of the most effective ways to engage the youth in the process of change making is to help them realize and understand their own ability to make a positive social change. As part of its global strategy, Youth Venture inspires and supports young people to launch and lead their own “Ventures” – community-benefiting initiatives, clubs, organizations, and businesses.
Based on the online application shortlisted candidates/teams will be invited to pitch their venture at the Selection Panel which is a 2-day event in Bangalore. If selected in this round, the candidates/teams are recognized as Ashoka Youth Venturers.
The 8th Cohort of the programme will be inducted in March 2018. Applications and nominations are invited for this cohort
The Deadline to complete the Detailed Nomination Form is extended to Saturday, 24 February 2018.
Who are Youth Venturers?
Young people between 12 and 20 years old who:
- leading social change and creating an impact on their communities
- have credible business plans that will be sustainable
- exhibit changemaking skills: empathy, creativity, leadership, teamwork
- have an adult ‘ally/advisor’ willing to support, but not control the venture
- work with a strong team
What benefits do Youth Venturers receive?
This programme will help them scale their ventures and develop themselves as leaders for driving social and environmental change.
- Being selected as a Youth Venturer gives them access to Ashoka’s global network of leaders in the social sector.
- They participate in four training workshops during their first year of induction. They receive custom-tailored mentorship and fundraising support from Ashoka India and partner organisation
- Travel and accommodation costs for out-station candidates and one accompanying elder would be provided both for the Selection Panel in Bangalore and the regular workshops in different cities
If you are a Young Changemaker nominate yourself with the Detailed Nomination Form
If you are an individual or an organisation working with Young Changemakers in your communities Nominate them through the Nomination Form. The Youth Venture programme team will get in touch with you and the nominee to complete the Detailed Nomination Form
The first round of screening would be based on the detailed form. Nominees who pass this round would be invited to pitch their venture/initiative/project at the Selection Panel, a 2-day event in Bangalore (travel and accommodation expenses would be covered). If they pass the Panel they become Youth Venturers!
8th Cohort of the programme will be inducted in March 2018. Applications and nominations are invited for this cohort.
Check the FAQs for details. Contact the Youth Venture Team for further queries.