IHUWASH‘s objective is to improve the performance of urban WASH programs in India within a collaborative framework. It works through incubation and acceleration of innovative, scalable, community and market-based solutions using technologies, programs and service-delivery models.
IHUWASH recognizes 7 urban WASH problems. Applicants are strongly encouraged to read these urban WASH problems and then focus on how your business innovation could solve one or more of these problems.
- Your innovation should solve one or more of the identified urban WASH problems through a market-based model earning some form of revenue.
- Innovations must have the potential to work effectively along with government bodies and resources.
- Showcase your innovation through a nation-wide program.
- Custom support from government officials, private sector experts and investors.
- Opportunities to roll out small-scale experiments and pilots.
- Unique opportunities to work with city governments and other WASH innovations.
- Support to raise funds from companies and impact investors.
- Each application form is used to answer questions about a single WASH innovation only.
- If an applicant has more than one innovation, he/she will be encouraged to fill 1 application form for each WASH innovation.
- Answers must be direct to the point in the most complete and shortest possible way. All questions are mandatory. It should take between 2 to 3 hours to complete.
- Register to apply.
- Once you register with your email ID, you will receive an email from IHUWASH with your first time login details. You can change your password and save it to your browser after you log in for the first time. The website would log you in automatically from the next time onwards.
- Application forms will be shortlisted by 2nd Feb 2018.
- 12 to 20 shortlisted WASH innovations will be announced on 10th Feb 2018 (early applicants will receive communication by 20th Jan). From each of the shortlisted WASH innovations, key leaders need to present at the Showcase event through an innovator’s Bootcamp in mid-Feb 2018. Read Facts
- In the Showcase event, leaders of the shortlisted innovations will present their innovations to an expert panel along with an opportunity to connect/network with government officials, business leaders, investors, experts and media channels.
- The final selected WASH innovations will be announced at the end of the event. The program support will start from March 2018 by first identifying possible areas of collaboration with the selected city government.
- Applicants can write to [email protected] or call +91 9655 0404 30 to get more details about WASH problems.
- Visit the Website
The last date to apply is 22nd January 2018, 11:59 pm IST.