The Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation under the Government of India invites application for participation in the 3rd national essay competition on Swachh Jal-Swachh Bharat. Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) will organise the competition for awareness among youth to conserve water. In addition, it also aims to bring new tactics of water conservation.
The Regional Director/Head of Office/officer in-charge of the Regional offices/State Unit offices of CGWB will be the Nodal officers for this Essay Competition for the State(s)/Union Territory(s) under their jurisdiction. The Nodal officers will conduct the competition in two phases. The participants need to send their essay via email/post to the concerned Nodal officer in phase-I. The top 10 essays from each State/UT will be selected for phase-II.
- The participants should not be more than 18 years old.
- Must have Aadhaar/Aadhaar enrolment.
- Employees of Ministry of Water Resources, RD & GR and all its organizations will not be eligible for the competition.
- Participants can submit only 1 essay in Hindi/English or in your regional languages.
- Top 60 participants after phase-II from the essays received from each State/UT will get cash prize as follows –
- 10 1st prizes – Rs. 50,000 each
- 10 2nd prizes – Rs. 25,000 each
- 10 3rd prizes – Rs. 15,000 each
- 30 Consolation prizes – Rs. 5000 each
- Participation Certificates.
- All phase-II participants will receive 2-way travel fare, food, lodging and an amount of Rs. 1000.
- The participants need to send 1 essay via email/post to the concerned Nodal officer in his/her respective State of present stay on the theme Swachh Jal-Swachh Bharat. For contact details of Nodal officers read Annexure-I
- Provide your coloured passport size photo, name, date of birth, father’s/mother’s name, profession (student, working etc.), name/address of educational institution/work place, communication address, mobile number, email ID etc. along with the essay.
- Your essay should not exceed 1500 words.
- The Jury will select 10 best essays out of all essays received in respective State/UT.
- The selected participants must bring their proof of age like certificate of class 10, Aaadhar Card/ Driving license/Voter ID Card, bank account deatils and latest coloured passport size photo.
- Phase-II will be conducted in each Regional offices and/or State Unit offices in the 3rd week of January 2018.
- Theme (related to water issues) for phase-II will be given at the venue.
- This Essay Competition will commence at 10.30 am and would be for 90 minutes.
- The Jury will select 3 winners from each State/UT.
- Visit the Website
The last date to submit Phase-I essay is 31st December 2017.