An international essay competition called the World Youth Essay Competition (WYEC) presents a unique opportunity to write about a subject that interests, motivates and inspires you. There is no topic restriction so you are free to write about topics such as environmental issues, aspects of society, global affairs, science and technology etc. WYEC 2018 jury will judge essays based on various criteria including creativity, writing style, knowledge skills and more.
- Open to students of all countries. Note that Indian students will have a great chance to become a finalist as WYEC 2018 highly encourage you to participate.
- All high school and university students can participate.
- You have to be between 12 and 26 years old. Read Facts
- WYEC Grand Prize 2018 – The overall best submission will receive 1700 USD along with an invitation to visit Germany for a special winner ceremony with all flight and accommodation expenses covered. In Germany, you will meet with current international leaders and professionals.
- WYEC 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize – The second and third best submissions will receive the prizes respectively. The award honors your extraordinary writing style and your creative mind. These prize winners will also be featured in one of the world’s most notable youth journals and will be interviewed by journalists towards your motivation to inspire other youths around the world.
- 10x Award of Excellence – The jury will select 10 submissions for exceptional creativity, knowledge or language skills. You will receive this award to obtain encouragement and honor for your future achievements and professional career.
- All Finalists – Will receive a special WYEC finalists certificate with honorable jury notes.
- All Participants – Will receive a WYEC 2018 participation certificate.
- Your essay needs to be between 1 to 8 pages in the English language.
- You can also use pictures and graphics to visualize your words.
- Submit your essay online as PDF file Here
- Visit the Website
The last date to submit your essay is 31st March 2018, 23:59 UTC+0 time. See Timelines