Summer training program at the Academy of Science and Innovative Research (AcSIR) gives an opportunity to Indian youngsters to use your summer working with some of the leading scientists in India, at a premier research laboratory of CSIR in an environment providing trans-disciplinary research. The program is sponsored by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship. The total number of fellows selected is restricted to 20. Duration of the fellowship program is 2 months which is going to held between the months of May and August 2018.
- 1st year of M.Sc program or equivalent with minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level.
- 3rd to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent with minimum GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV semester).
- 1st year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent with GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 (or) GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level OR GATE Score ≥ 600 OR NET (Engineering) Rank from 1-100.
- 3rd year of B.E/B.Tech program or equivalent with GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 (or) GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV semester).
- 3rd to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent with GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 (or) GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV semester) OR GATE Score ≥ 600 OR NET (Engineering) Rank from 1-100.
- Rs. 25,000 stipend per student after the successful completion of the fellowship program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator.
- Travel allowance reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5000 per student.
- Note – This is a compulsorily residential program where the selected students should be required to stay on the campus of the respective CSIR labs on a charge basis.
- To register, click on the Online Application portal
- In your Application form, you can provide a maximum of 5 preferences for CSIR Laboratories. Visit the websites of participating CSIR Labs for information on their research areas.
- The following documents in section (E) are required –
→ Research Proporsal (250-300 words)
→ Plagiarism Check Report, certifying that your Research Proposal is original
→ Letter of Recommendation
→ Non-Disclosure Agreement, for the information, records etc. to be made available to the selected candidates.
- Shortlisted students must appear for the selection interview on 2nd March 2018.
- For more information, visit AcSIR
The last date of registration is 31st December 2017.