CEFIPRA is inviting applications for the Postdoctoral Fellowship for a period of 2 years based at Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) in Pune, India. This fellowship aims to support the applicants who hold a Ph.D degree in astronomy, astrophysics or related discipline. The successful candidate will work as a member of Galaxy group at IUCAA and collaborate with the Observatoire de Paris, France. Read This
- Candidate must be Indian.
- Candidate must hold a Ph.D degree in astronomy, astrophysics or related discipline.
- Candidate must have experience in observational astronomy and data analysis in UV, Optical, IR and/or CO.
- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages like IDL, Python, Fortran, C++ is preferable.
- The successful candidate will be provided on-campus accommodation subject to availability (in case of unavailability, HRA will be provided along with the fellowship) and medical benefits as per IUCAA norms.
- The candidate will also have the opportunity to visit Observatoire de Paris, France for the purpose of project collaboration.
- Candidate needs to prepare a statement of research interests, research proposal and publication list.
- Prepare your CV and 2 letters of recommendation.
- Email all the documents to Mr. Santosh Khadilkar at [email protected] with the subject line “Application for a Cefipra Postdoctoral Fellowship’.
- Visit the Webpage
Hurry up and apply for this fellowship by 31st December 2017.