Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is the premier national agency for encouraging and conducting biomedical research in India, aiming to build a pool of efficient biomedical scientist. It also promotes building capacity of institutions involved in both basic and clinical sciences.
ICMR offers fellowship to the Biomedical Scientists. The objective of this fellowship is to build up efficient chains of biomedical researchers in various spheres of biomedical research. Research in the fields of basic, applied, epidemiological and clinical sciences have made an effective scientific atmosphere. It aims to find diagnosis and prevention of prevailing communicable diseases. The duration of the fellowship is 3-6 months for young scientists and 10-15 days for senior scientists. Follow This
NUMBER OF FELLOWSHIPS:
- Young Scientists – 12 fellowships per year.
- Senior Scientists – 6 fellowships per year.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
- Senior Scientist must be below 57 years and Young Scientist must be below 45 years.
- Should possess an M.D/Ph.D degree. The fellowship also requires at least 3 years teaching/research experience for Young Scientists and 15 years for Senior Scientists in a recognised Institute.
- Applicant must have forwarded application by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full-time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
- Should submit a Letter of Acceptance from the host Institute where he/she proposes to work during the fellowship. Read Guidelines Governing the Fellowship
- The applicant should submit a relevent plan of training accompanying project for the fellowship.
- Should be a regular employ in a recognized Biomedical/Research/Health Institution.
- Young Fellow will get US$ 3000 per month which includes accommodation and other expenses.
- Senior fellow will get US$ 200 per day or maximum of US$ 3000 for the entire duration of stay.
- Both fellows will get return airfare and contingency charges (includes the cost of visa, taxi charges from place of duty to airport and back, overseas mediclaim insurance expenses) of maximum Rs. 20,000.
- Download the application form.
- Fill all the details.
- Submit 10 copies of application to “InternatIonal Health Division (IHD), Indian Council of Medical Research, V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No.4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 11002”
- Screening of application will be held at the International Health Division, ICMR for shortlisting candidates.
- For more details, go to the Website
The last date of receipt of applications is 28th February 2018.