The Parliament of India offers application for research fellowship on parliamentary theme. It proposes to encourage interested scholars to do original studies on parliament to better understand the functioning of parliament. The research will also suggest alternatives while considering experience in other democratic countries. The scholar may have to write a book based on primary and secondary data.
The Lok Sabha secretariat grants 25 research fellowships every year. The duration of the research is two years. The scholar can’t extend the duration of the research.
- The scholar must be 25 or more years of age and not more than 70 years of age.
- The scholar must posses a Master degree in any of the social science disciplines with outstanding research publications.
- The scholar must have outstanding academic record in any discipline relevant to parliamentary studies.
- The fellow will get maximum of 10 Lakh.
- Will also get contingency allowance of maximum Rs.50,000.
- The fellow can access parliamentary library.
- The parliamentary secretariats may grant publication assistance.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit Loksabha website.
- Download the advertisement for the application. The advertisement also contain application form.
- Read the Guidelines.
- The applicant must send in his/her particulars in the prescribed format (Annexure), duly filled-in, along with a Synopsis of 1000 words of his/her proposal.
- Applicants may send hard copy of application to:
Lok Sabha Secretariat
Room No. F-121, Parliamentary Library Building,
New Delhi-110001. They can also email to: [email protected]
- The Lok Sabha Secretariat (SRI Cell) will initially scrutinize the application.
- Thereafter, Fellowship Committee will shortlist the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications.
- Shortlisted applicants would then be invited for an interaction/presentation before the Fellowship Committee.
- The Fellowship Committee shall consider and recommend the names to the Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha, for the grant of Lok Sabha Fellowships.
- The committee may reject the grant in case of unsuitable or unsatisfactory proposal.
Submit application by 10th January.