* the scholarship is available each year
* scholarship worth £ 2000 per annum for the duration of recipients degree programme
* home, EU , and overseas students are eligible to apply.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have attained AAB from three A Levels or equivalent (i.e. 340 points or higher)
- Be entering Stage 1 of their undergraduate degree in September 2019
- Have made their application to the University of Kent via UCAS
- Have made a firm acceptance to study at Kent by 31 August 2019.
Applicants not eligible to apply for the scholarship are those:
- Who have attained the required qualifications for the Kent Scholarship for Academic Excellence: https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/search/FNADACEX1901
- Are in receipt of need-based financial aid.
- Are current students at The University of Kent
The scholarship will not be paid during a Year Abroad or a Year in Industry placement
Thursday 31 October , 2019.
* write an essay of 750-1000 words on:
“When the first students arrived at the new University of Kent at Canterbury (as the University was then known) in 1965, there were no societies, no sports clubs, and no student representation. In 2018, 20,000 students enjoy 67 sports clubs, 189 societies, and there are over 400 student representatives.
Kent’s first students had the opportunity – and the responsibility – to start all of these from scratch. If we were opening a new university in 2019 and you were in that first student intake, what would you start and why?”
* Write the essay in a word document that includes
– essay title
– Your Full name
– University of Kent identification number
And email the document to [email protected]
By the deadline of midnight on Thursday 31 October 2019.