University Grands Commission (UGC) and the Government of India is inviting applications for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships for Single Girl Child.
- Single girl child below the age of 30 years is eligible to apply.
- Twin/fraternal daughters are also eligible.
- Candidates who are pursuing first year postgraduate courses only can apply.
- Candidates who are pursuing postgraduate courses through distance mode cannot apply.
- NOTE – This scheme can be availed with any other scholarship schemes as this is an incentive.
- The awardee is only entitled for the scholarship amount. No HRA/contingency/hostel fee or medical expenses allowed.
- It is expected from the institutions where the student has taken admission in the first year PG course that no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from the girl student.
This scheme is currently open. No last date is mentioned on the official website.