Sashakt Scholarship Program is now accepting applications from women. The portal is made available from 1st April 2018. Dr. Reddy’s Foundation took this initiative to encourage participation of women in scientific field. It is primarily for girl students who passed their 12th standard with a good score and opting pure sciences for graduation. Sashakt aims at providing a better learning environment for women with mentors to support throughout their journey. Till date, 12 colleges offering science courses are part of the Sashakt program (Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad). Sashakt Scholarship covers 3 years of study till the completion of B.Sc. Degree. The students with rural background and financially weak with interest in sciences are given priority upon others. Dr. Reddy’s Foundation has been a not-for-profit organisation promoting Equality in education and employment opportunities.
- Bright girls with excellent academic record can apply after completion of their class 12th examinations.
- Girls with weak financial status, leaning towards a study in pure sciences can make best out of this opportunity.
- Possession of income certificate is must for the students claiming to be having a household income less than 5 lakhs per annum.
Scholarship covers study expenses until the student holds a B.Sc. degree. Students are guided by lead women scientists as their mentor to inspire and motivate them. The Eligible candidates gets enrolled to any of the 12 enlisted colleges located across the country.
HOW TO APPLY
- Firstly, the student needs to register by providing them some basic details.
- The required documents including the certificates of 10th and 12th standards, along with income certificate( if necessary) are to be submitted. Disability certificate is mandatory for PwD candidates.
- Then the candidates need to prioritise the institutions.
- The candidate need to submit the admission offer from an institute by 31st July 2018.
- If the candidate gets selected, she receives a selection confirmation mail.