The Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships System aims at offering education to international students by providing scholarships at the University of Sydney, either at the Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework level.
- Only applicants with unconditional offers of admission would be considered.
- Applicants applying for their second University of Sydney Degree would be eligible for the scholarships so long as they have not been recipients of a University of Sydney scholarship in their first University of Sydney degree.
- Citizens of Australia and New Zealand are NOT eligible. A permanent resident of Australia would NOT be considered.
- Students who have already commenced are NOT eligible.
- Tier 1 Scholarships covered at AUD$40,000 for the enrolled CRICOS registered program of study towards a recipient’s first-year tuition fees is open to ALL international students enrolled in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework full degrees only.
- Tier 2 Scholarships covered at AUD$20,000 for the enrolled CRICOS registered program of study towards a recipient’s first-year tuition fees would be provided to citizens of selected countries (*see note below for more information) and enrolled in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework full degrees only.
- Tier 3 Scholarships covered at AUD$5,000 for the enrolled CRICOS registered program of study towards a recipient’s first-year tuition fees is open to ALL international students enrolled in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework full degrees only.
- The scholarship would be a one-off payment and covers tuition fees only and No living allowance would be provided.
- Note: (Southeast Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam. Subcontinent: Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa. Middle East: Azerbaijan, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Turkey. Europe: All EU countries, Schengen member states, Commonwealth of Independent States and the Russian Federation. Americas: Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico. Oceania: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Palau, Tonga, Tuvalu)
- Separate applications are not required for scholarships.
- All eligible applicants by a specified cut-off date can be considered for the scholarships with an unconditional offer.
- Selection will be on the basis of academic merit as per admission requirements.
- Especially for tier 2 scholarships, applicants who are citizens of the nominated country would be taken into consideration.
- Tier 3 Scholarship recipients will be eligible to concurrently receive either the Tier 1 or 2 Scholarships. Should this be the case, the $5000 will be deducted from the Tier 1 and Tier 2 scholarship amounts in order to ensure that the respective caps of AUD$40000 and AUD$20000 is not exceeded.